Thursday, September 23, 2010

Purging > Hoarding = Remorse



Does anyone remember my wooden clogs with long black fur on them? On the outside? Like gorilla feet? I think I must have gotten rid of them in one of my many recent moves. WHYYYYYY would I do that? Did I think that a woman in her mid-thirties would start to feel ridiculous in fur covered clogs? (In related remorse, I know for sure that I got rid of my knee-high white fur aprés-ski boots a few years ago because they wouldn't even fit into my former studio apartment's closet. That came down to deciding between staying in Queens, with more closets, and keeping the boots, or moving to Manhattan. Manhattan won, the boots were tossed, I mourned.)

I am still holding out hope that the black fur covered clogs could be under my bed...but I am pretty sure they are not. Under the bed is for scarves, wrapping paper and old posters. Shoes stay in the hall closet, along with coats, purses and linens.

*Now dig this: When I was looking for the black fur clogs in the closet I came across some handbags that I think I can part with. But HOW do I know that what I get rid of NOW I won't want back in three years!?

Is this how people become hoarders?

I just want my black fur clogs back. I tried to Google a photo of them to show you and there's nothing remotely like them on the whole World Wide Web- that's how amazing and unique they were. All the clogs NOWADAYS have the fur INSIDE. So I had to draw them for you.

*I did note tonight that I still have an insane amount of shoes. Maybe I should draw them all.

No comments: