Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"But there was this one guy..."



Jury duty in downtown Manhattan is kind of cool because you feel like you are on the set of a Hollywood movie, or on an episode of Law & Order. I want to see Chris Noth hurry out of an elevator (sharp suit, perfect hair, hot coffee) and glance over at me with contempt (or could that be lust?). What you actually do see in a New York City Courthouse is a vast spectrum of diverse people looking bored and reading newspapers, and an assortment of goofy cops standing around.

The other cool thing about jury duty is it has got me back to doing REPORTAGE. It humbles me that when I am finally ready to draw again, it's there waiting for me.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

The theme song to Law n Order is playing in my head.
Bongh bongh!

-k.

Becky said...

Mine too, and I'm eating Chinese food out of a carton as I walk to find more files on a case I'm going to court for today...

Anonymous said...

I've seen or heard that woman -she doesn't always just listen.I know it. Love the reportage(ing) .
luv,mama xxoo

Anonymous said...

Reportage ? Que es.........

Helen